Commodities trading software such as Sierra chart or Market Delta for futures trading.
A commodities trading software to trade with is pretty difficult to find as there are many many options out there, here I will outline two futures trading platforms that I like.
The first one is:
They offer all type of charts such as minute candlesticks, range bar charts, footprints charts (charts where you trace the bis vs ask spread of trades), tick charts, etc. Sierra Chart is a professional commodities trading software for the financial markets. Supporting Manual, Automated and Simulated Trading.
Some of it advantages are:
- Complete Real-time and Historical data, Charting and Technical Analysis platform for the financial markets.
- Solid professional quality commodities trading software. Designed for efficiency and ease-of-use. It has an uncomplicated interface that can handle the most demanding applications. It is developed by an experienced and competent development team that stays on top of development. It has been proven and trusted by investors/traders/clearing firms for more than a decade.
- Fast with a definite focus on high performance in all areas of the program.
- Supports all types of markets: stocks, futures, indexes, currencies/forex and options.
- Complete trading support, both basic and advanced. Including easy to use automated trading. Exclusive ChartDOM(™), which is a functional Trading DOM fully integrated with charts.
- Supports numerous internal and external Data and Trading services. All the major data services and backend trading platforms are supported.
- You can create your own custom studies, indicators and trading systems using the Sierra Chart Advanced Custom Study Interface and Language or the built-in Excel compatible Spreadsheets. Or use ones developed by Sierra Chart users and third party developers.
- Directly provides Historical Daily and detailed Intraday data for stocks, forex, futures and indexes without having to use an external service. One of the best features that I like.
- Supports many external Data and Trading services providing complete real-time and historical access to global futures, stocks, indexes, forex and options markets. All of the major Data services and Trading backends are supported.
As an overall I really like Sierra Charts, they are advanced and cheap, much better than ninja trader, in my opinion, for the retail trader. Now, it takes longer to learn but if you want to jump into trading as a professional and do not want to spend yet on Market Delta, CQG or X-Trader, Sierra chart is a GREAT option as a commodities trading software.
MarketDelta Charts commodities trading software:
It is the charting package of choice of Professional Traders, leading provider of charting, trading, and financial data visualization commodities trading software. The company began in 2003 at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange by traders who wanted greater transparency and better tools to trade by. Today the company has grown into a leader serving traders, proprietary trading groups, hedge funds, banks, and investors around the globe through our innovative suite of products.
- Offering advanced charting, analytics, and backtesting.
- It is offered as a monthly subscription ranging from $129 to $249.
- Various enablements and functionality differentiate the editions.
- Supports many streaming and historical data providers.
- Recognized as an industry leader in volume analysis, order flow analysis, and Market Profile.
On the whole, MarketDelta is a great piece of commodities trading software. It is, however, very specialized.
They offer all technical features such as as minute candlesticks, range bar charts, footprints charts (charts where you trace the bis vs ask spread of trades), tick charts, etc. Now, take into account that If you are not interested in using a profile (for market profile or volume profile) or getting intricate volume data via the footprint chart, you do not need to spend the money for this online trading software as others such as Sierra charts provide, at a lower price, the same features.
I would recommend not even looking at the software until you find you are more of an intermediate trader.
If you are still looking to find your trading style keep it simple until you become more advanced. You can find yourself trying to use it and realize you are completely lost in the process. You then decide you do not like it and never go back to look at it again when you have a better understanding of volume and the markets in general.
MarketDelta could be used as a commodities trading software when you are at a place in your trading career where you have found what you like as far as a methodology and are confident about it. Looking at the MarketDelta package and the volume footprint to fine-tune that methodology makes a lot more sense.
So there you go, two pieces of commodities trading software which are very good and advanced, now keep on reading for a review of ninja trader
Click here to go back to futures trading software from commodities trading software Market Delta and Sierra
Click here to go back to Futures Trading How To